About the staff
6 Ways To Achieve Natural Arthritis Pain Relief
California Mother Speaks Out Against Environmental Working Group Study
Choosing the Right Glucose Meter
Erase Pain in Mere Minutes
Keep Eyes Safely on the Ball
Measuring Vision With Field Tests
New Treatment for Chronic Non-healing Wounds Unveiled
Where to buy emu meat
The Last Page
|Expressions by Sharon
Emu Egg Kaleidoscope
BEADING INSTRUCTIONS FOR KALEIDOSCOPES AND PERFUME BOTTLES
The same instructions can be used to bead perfume bottles,
etc. Have fun and remember that the instructions are a guideline only
and should not be the only way to bead. Try many different designs
and the use of braid and rhinestone banding is interchangeable.
- Paint the egg with acrylic paint a color as close to the
color of the beads as possible. HELPFUL HINT: You can also paint the
egg at this point with a thinned coat of white glue which will help
your beads to grab more quickly and evenly.
- Use Sobo glue that dries clear ( in an applicator which allows
for a small, even flow of glue ) , make a line of glue on the egg
around the adapter or the bottle ( if doing a emu kaleidoscope ) and
then around the eye piece of the kaleidoscope and affix braiding or
- Determine and draw your design for the remainder of the braid
or rhinestone banding and glue in place.
- Allow this to dry completely, checking to be sure that the
banding has remained in place where desired.
- Take on strand of your beads from the hank and tie thread
around last bead on each end to prevent the beads from coming
- Make a small, even line of glue along one side of the banding
in one section of your egg, laying your beads straight in the glue
and pulling the string out, leaving the beads in place.
- Always work from the outside of a section towards the
middle, alternating the long portion and the shorter portion ( the
portion next to the adapter, bottle, or eyepiece).
- You should finish one complete section before proceeding
to the next, allowing that section to dry thoroughly so that the
beads do not become misplaced.
- When you get to the center of a section, place your beads as
evenly as possible, adjusting as needed. These beads will probably
not be on a string, but will be placed individually to cover the
uneven space remaining.
- After the egg is entirely beaded, you can affix additional
finding over the uneven center of a section to create sparkle and
interest. This can be gold leaves, rhinestone circles, etc.
If you would like to try this yourself, kaleidoscope kits and beading
supplies are available through:
PO Box 206
Seagoville, TX 75159