About the staff
6 Ways To Achieve Natural Arthritis Pain Relief
California Mother Speaks Out Against Environmental Working Group Study
Choosing the Right Glucose Meter
Erase Pain in Mere Minutes
Keep Eyes Safely on the Ball
Measuring Vision With Field Tests
New Treatment for Chronic Non-healing Wounds Unveiled
Where to buy emu meat
The Last Page
'Knowing Pains: Women on Love, Sex and Work in Our 40s' donates all proceeds
to Breast Cancer Action Editor: Molly Rosen, MBA
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- From tattoos to affairs, from motherhood
to mayhem, from battling alcoholism and eating disorders to everything in
between, real women in their 40s aren't afraid to tell it like it is. "Knowing
Pains: Women on Love, Sex and Work in Our 40s" is a new book that brings
together a collection of 32 essays from women from 11 states.
Available in October, "Knowing Pains" was conceived by Molly Rosen, who sought
such an anthology when she turned 40. When none existed, Rosen took a hiatus
from a successful corporate career to assemble the women who not only survived
their 40s, but also thrive with dignity, courage and laughter. This includes:
- Single mom Ona tries to balance an affair with two men
- Lori learns about being a 'geriatric mama' at 40
- Susan comes to terms with her eating disorder
- Lauren copes with being a mother to three - and widow - at 40
- Erin saves her mother from the bottle
- Diane leaves her friends, career and family behind to live her 40s in
- Thea shares her struggles with infertility and politics
Starting in October, in honor of those affected by breast cancer, 100% of all
book net proceeds will be donated to Breast Cancer Action (www.bcaction.org) to
support breast cancer education and advocacy. Among the essayists featured in
- 89% have been personally impacted by the breast cancer epidemic.
- 37% have had breast cancer, or a breast cancer scare.
- 56% have had a family member with the disease.
- More than 70% have had a friend or colleague afflicted with breast
For More Information:
"Knowing Pains: Women on Love, Sex and Work in Our 40s"
ISBN: 978-1-59594-254-8 50000
Purchase: Available through Knowing Pains (www.knowingpains.com), Amazon
(http://www.amazon.com/Knowing-Pains-Women-Love-Work/dp/1595942548), Ingram (www.IngramBook.com),
and local booksellers (list available at www.knowingpains.com).
About Breast Cancer Action
Breast Cancer Action (BCA) is a national watchdog and advocacy organization that
carries the voices of people affected by breast cancer to inspire and compel the
changes necessary to end the breast cancer epidemic. (www.bcaction.org).